Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another milestone

Things seem to be moving along everyday.  Decisions are being made and the laundry list is getting smaller!
I have officially put in our Intent to Vacate papers with the housing office and have scheduled the pre-vacancy and post- vacancy appointments.

Jose and I have decided that the dogs and I will move on the 15th so I can wait for our household goods to be delivered (sometime between the 15th and 20th).  He will be joining me a week later.  It'll suck staying in an empty house not knowing when they will deliver our stuff, but it'll be ok!  I have 4 seasons of Big Bang Theory and 2 seasons of Modern Family on my computer! :-D  Plus this will give me an excuse to get out and do some more exploring.


To Date Laundry List (before move):

  • Call DirecTV about transferring satellite to new house
  • Pick an internet provider 
  • Decide on a house phone (considering Vonage)
  • Make reservations for Jose to stay in lodging at HAAF while he finishes out-processing
  • Decide how to pay for house cleaners (pre-pay or pay out of BAH reimbursement)
  • Take everything off the walls (movers will not do this)
  • Sign-up for Praxis II
  • Pre-moving appointment
  • Pre- vacancy appointment
  • Pack items that I will be moving to the house
  • Mover company appointment
  • Post-vacancy appointment
  • Transfer utilities to our name for the house
Laundry List (after move):
  • Comcast (internet) appointment
  • DirecTv (satellite) appointment
  • Find a lawn mower
  • Buy new bedroom furniture
  • Decide where all furniture will be placed
  • Buy groceries
  • Decorate
  • GET A JOB!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment